Tuesday, April 19, 2011

HAPPY 17TH BIRTHDAY, ILLMATIC!


Illmatic became my favorite album the first time I heard it. I have the original LP, courtesy of my brother. Yeah, the record I'm holding was actually purchased on April 19th, 1994. I freak out too every time I play/look at it. It has a few scratches due to the wannabe dj'ing. I have had four copies of the actual cd. The first one I had got out-played, scratched to shit, so I bought a new one. The second got stolen from mom's car. So I purchased a third. Then I got a fourth as a present. It's my back-up copy, I gave it to my brother for whenever he's feeling like having an Illmatic day, but I still fully hold the ownership! I might've even owned a fifth, and if I do, it's lying around here somewhere. It's the only album that I feel comfortable purchasing again and again, and you know.. even with all those mother fucking copies.. I still feel like I can't support this album enough.

I fucking love you Illmatic. I, fucking, love, you.

2 COMMENT:

jeppree said...

illWHATic?!

*runs away

syntifik said...

:O

HOW DARE YOU