Thursday, April 5, 2018

Röyksopp - I Had This Thing (Kraak & Smaak Remix)



I have a penchant for sad songs, because duh, hello, president of the Sad Girls Club. However, I also thoroughly appreciate when feeling is put into a song, because that's what music is to me. This is why a lot of pop music, doesn't appeal to me. There's no feeling. Someone wrote it for you, you sang it. Not with this gem though, this one, he FELT it. I discovered this song at work, and almost didn't get to find out what it was in time. Guess what came next?! YOU GUESSED IT, looking up the lyrics. Poetry. Plus, we've all been there. We've all fucked up, or we've been fucked over. Now, did this song take you to that moment?! To that feeling? After work, I came home and listened to it again, and again, and again. Wahowzahs there are a lot of different sounds in here. I focused on a different one each time. Kraak & Smaak somehow discovered that all these beautiful little chimes, strums, xylophones and further blips would go together, and that my friends.. makes a song I fell in love with. Forever obsessed with the art that is song.

A remix can really change the game, check the original (spoiler alert, the remix slays hard)..

0 COMMENT: