Thursday, May 26, 2011

IT'S THE MONITOR, THE SOUND MAN, THE MOTHER FUCKING MIC LEVELS.

ATMOSPHERE

What's to say about Atmosphere that I haven't said already? They're my absolute favorite hip hop group ever. I've loved them since I was a kid, and they were the first concert I ever paid for. Back then, they were only around for 8 years, and hadn't toured much.. so yeah. It was something like $16. Which was ridiculous. I can't believe how cheap it was.
Slug took my cd and wrote, "slug loves botcho".. and ladies and germs, that was my first groupie moment. That's the moment I knew, that hip hop had become my entire life.
I think the reason why I love them so much is that they're from Minneapolis, and the shit Slug writes about is so Winnipeg. Being the two cities are so close, a lot of his experiences seem so Winnipeg like. His flow seems so effortless, yet his vocabulary isn't.. I remember sitting for hours in my room, rewinding tracks just so I could catch that one line one more time.. and I did that for every song, and every track. There isn't a bad Atmosphere song out there.. and although I'm fully in love with Slug, let me say that FELT is amazing just as much.
When I first met slug, the first thing I said to him was "You smell good". Yeah, it didn't go well.. because what I REALLY want to ask him is, "Who is Lucy?". I MEAN, this whole time I've been thinking it was alcohol or MAYBE women.. but I want him to answer. SO THE NEXT TIME I MEET HIM, I plan to not be so giddy and actually ask what I've been longing to ask him these past seven years.

Anyway, instead of posting the cliche "Fuck You Lucy", I'm posting "Guns and Cigarettes". Too many people don't understand "Fuck You Lucy" and only like it because it's the "cool" song. Fuck all that, dig Slug cause he can actually rap.. and guns and cigarettes is definitely one of my favs haha



FUCK IT! LET'S POST SCAPEGOAT TOO!



Enjoy!

0 COMMENT: