Sunday, March 29, 2020

March 2020 Playlist

My cousin and a friend of mine make monthly playlists, and I look forward to them every month. There's something that got lost as our need for immediacy increased. Everything is shared so quickly, but it isn't really shared. We're sent videos, but we watch 10 seconds of it before we move on to the next thing. There was a time when we shared mixtapes. You didn't "skip" tracks, because you couldn't. You could fast forward, sure, but did you ever? I didn't! Something about Leslie and Suraj sharing these carefully curated playlists that tugged on my mixtape heart strings, and they provided the pencil to wind me back up so I could hold enough attention to listen.

I'm sharing what I listened to the past month. I find myself often jumping around to different genres, something I've always done. I enjoy going to the ballet, I enjoy grunge-type pubs, I enjoy dimly lit lounges that serve overpriced cocktails, so why should my music taste be any different?



If you have any suggestions on what I should call this monthly series, let me know. And if you have anything you'd like to send my way, send itttttttt!

Xo,

B

0 COMMENT: